A Dissection Guide & Atlas to the Fetal Pig, 3rd Edition
This full-color dissection guide is intended for students taking mammalian anatomy, comparative anatomy, general biology, or anatomy and physiology courses. The text incorporates high-quality photographs and clear discussions of dissection techniques to introduce students to the morphology of a mammal whose anatomy parallels that of the human.
- More than 150 full-color photographs and illustrations provide accurate representations of the anatomy to facilitate easy identication of anatomical structures.
- Photographs of a sheep heart, eye, and brain are also included.
- Color micrographs of histological sections of tissue accompany many of the photographs and illustrations to give students an understanding of the microanatomy.
- Tables throughout the text conveniently summarize the content.
- Dissection instructions have been set off from the main text, and important terminology is printed
- Chapter 1: External Anatomy
- Chapter 2: Skeletal System
- Chapter 3: Muscular System
- Chapter 4: Digestive System
- Chapter 5: Circulatory System
- Chapter 6: Respiratory System
- Chapter 7: Reproductive and Excretory Systems
- Chapter 8: Nervous System
- Chapter 9: Endocrine System
About the Author
David G. Smith
David Smith received his B.S. in biological sciences from Clemson University in 1992 and his M.S. in zoology from the University of Oklahoma in 1995, where he taught zoology labs for six years. He accepted a faculty appointment at the University of Richmond as the Director of Biology Laboratories and taught laboratory courses there for another four years. David coauthored his first zoology laboratory manual in 1996, launching a writing career that has spanned more than a decade and has produced ten major titles to date. He has since moved out of the classroom to concentrate his efforts on authoring educational materials that are designed to improve the quality of the laboratory experience for zoology students.
Michael P. Schenk
Michael Schenk received his undergraduate degree from the University of Minnesota and his BSMI and MSMI from the Medical College of Georgia in 1973/1974. He is a certified medical illustrator. He has received numberous awards for his illustrations and photography and was inducted as a Fellow in the Association of Medical Illustrators in 2002. Mike has held illustrator positions at the University of Virginia, the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine where he started a department, the University of Texas Health Science Center Dallas where he was an assistant professor on medical illustration, and currently is director of biomedical illustration services at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi. Over the course of his career he has created thousands of illustrations in all scientific disciplines and has been published by every major publisher.
You might also like
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Comparative Eye Set, Preserved SKU: PK-20
Dissection Guide to the Mammalian Eye SKU: PUB 2001
Dissection Guide to the Shark SKU: PUB 1663
Pig Heart, Preserved, Pail of 10 SKU: PAIL700-10
On Backorder until Nov 2023. Recommend sheep hearts as an alternative