Plant Food, Nutrient Deficiency in Plants
Using the materials provided, students will be able to examine the effects of nutrient deficiency on plants.
Specially prepared nutrient solutions (included in the kit) will allow students to deprive each plant of one of seven specific vital nutrients. Over time, students will determine the effects, if any, of the nutrient deprivation through physical observation of the plant's growth. Kit contains enough materials for 3 complete set-ups. Teacher's Manual and Student Study Guide copymasters are included.
Aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)*
Disciplinary Core Ideas: LS2.A
Performance Expectations: MS-LS2-1
Cross Cutting Concepts: Cause and Effect
Engineering Practices: Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- 200mL Solution A: Calcium Nitrate, 1M
- 200mL Solution B: Potassium Nitrate, 1M
- 100mL Solution C: Magnesium Sulfate, 1M
- 50mL Solution D: Potassium Phosphate, 1M
- 25mLSolution E: Sodium Phosphate, 1M
- 100mL Solution F: Sodium Nitrate, 1M
- 25mL Solution G: Magnesium Chloride, 1M
- 25mLSolution H: Sodium Sulfate, 1M
- 50mL Solution I: Calcium Chloride, 1M
- 50mL Solution J: Potassium Chloride, 1M
- 100mL Solution K: Micronutrient Solution
- 1 bag Vermiculite
- 24 Cup 5oz. Clear Plastic
- 24 Cup 7oz. Clear
- 24 Pieces Absorbent Wick Pad
- 1 Pkg Radish Seeds
Regulatory Note: Non Regulated
*”Next Generation Science Standards” is a registered trademark of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards was involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects and reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.